RESOLUTION 590 (1975)
on group participation by young people
1. Having regard to the report of its Committee on Culture and
Education on group participation by young people (Doc. 3590) ;
2. Convinced that the Council of Europe has an obligation to put into
practice within its own organisation the principles which it recommends to the
governments of member states ;
3. Recalling that, in the past, the Assembly has had, through its
Committee on Culture and Education, several discussions with representatives of
youth organisations which have proved very fruitful ;
4. Considering that the Assembly should set an example as regards
establishing closer relations between the Council of Europe and youth
5. Asks the committees concerned to consult the international
non-governmental youth organisations which have consultative status with the
Council of Europe wherever this seems advisable, and to pay due attention in
their own work to the documents produced by European Youth Centre seminars.
. Assembly debate on 22 April 1975 (2nd
Sitting) (see Doc. 3590, report of the Committee on Culture and Education).
Text adopted by the Assembly on 22 April 1975 (2nd Sitting).